Thursday, February 12, 2009

uhhhh...


If next time, your children want to convert to other religions

what would you do?


uhhhhhh... -.-???

that was the question that stumped me this morning..

i KNOW!!
you think you are prepared for any kinda questions
and suddenly,
a bombshell is dropped..

BOOM..

i had an hour plus chat with Pravin today on religions
and he suddenly asked me this ques..

im curious..
how do you, like, answer such questions
WITHOUT offending ppl
or without appearing to be
domineering, fascist or otherwise?

A. I will not let them. Because all other religions are false
B. I will disown them. Because it will be a disgrace to my family
C. No way man!
D. I will beat them till they "recant"

I KNOW!!
these answers sound so wrong,
and yet so right in SOOO many ways..

i guess..
i have to put it like this..

After much thought to the question,
i have come up with an answer which i did not have this morning..

Personally,
i would not approve
if my kids changed their religion..


bcz, i know that Christianity
is the only true faith there is..


i will bring them up as i have been brought up..

i will lay it out for them to see..
in a way, let them compare..
i will show them what Christianity really is..
and how it has changed my life
and it can change theirs

but if in some way (God forbid)
after all reviewing that i have done,
they still insist on changing religion,
i will not disown them..
i will not beat them up..
i will not kill them..

i will practice what i preach (God-willing)
i will pray for them..
i will pray that they see the Light again..
i will pray that they will come back to God..


what do you tink of this answer?

and what did i tell Pravin?
i told him my dadz testimony..

my dad is a punjabi raised by a buddhist medium
with sikh brothers..
while he was young, he had all these laid b4 him,
but none had the ability to change him..
he mixed with bad hats
and got caught up in a few things..

but on June 24th 1979,
when my dad stepped into a church,
and heard the pastor's sermon,
he was changed..

in 4 more months,
it will be 30 years that my dad has become
a truly, truly free man..

altho my dad was exposed to so many religions,
none worked out for him..
none had the X-factor..
but Christianity had the J-factor..
the Jesus factor that changed my dadz life..

it works the same way for me..
and i pray it will work the same way for my coming generation..

so,
if u ask me whther my kids will change their religion?
well, if i bring them up the right way..
in the way of the Lord..

i can confidently say this..
no..
my kids will not change their religion..
bcz of the grace of God that so freely has been given unto them..

do u tink dat answered the question?

current mood - proud of me papa =)

signing off,

0 opinion(s):