Friday, August 13, 2010

Hillsong Conference Session Notes - Part 1

Hi guys,


I know I promised some of you the notes for the sessions. Sorry it comes so late. I'm going to do this in 3 parts as I'm really lazy to blog at the moment.

Here is the keynote speech by Pastor Lee Burns from Hillsong Bible College. I'm sorry if you can't really connect my points as I have a funny way of taking down notes. Nonetheless, hope it helps you. It sure did help me.

-------------------

Main Session
Title : The Leadership Mindset
- Leaders are all subordinates in a way and each must give an account for their responsibility and for what they sow.

1) Leadership in its purest form is influence.
An effective leader leads by influence (both good and bad.)
- What is my life saying to the people around me?

An effective leader leads by trust from his/her followers.
- Trust must be built into lives.

An effective leader responds well.
- Frustration is our response to the things that irritate us. It's not what others do to us, but how we respond.

2) Leadership in its purest form is faithfulness.
Leaders are not perfect. But their influence depends much on their faithfulness to what they are following and their beliefs.

Followers can only grow as much as a leader grows.
- What are my limiting beliefs?

3) Leadership in its purest form is consistently changing.

The 2 rules of change are:
- It is inevitable.
- People will resist it.

4) Leadership in its purest form is example.
Our lives have to be an example to those we lead.

Summary :
1) A leader leads by example. He/She no longer lives for himself alone, but for those around him. Therefore it is his responsibility to continue growing so as to not stifle the growth in those below him.

2) As leaders, we must all ask ourselves - Who do I need to be, to do what I need to do, to achieve what I need to achieve?

-------------------

Hope it helped! God bless.

Signing off,
MarcusDS

1 opinion(s):

Melanie said...

Marcus, it's so nice of you to give us your notes!! =D Thanks n keep posting! Haha!