Sunday, December 14, 2008

wadz the WHOLE point?

today,
went to GROW BM..
shared with Pastor Sam
about LYPG, MYPG
and
his reply was so comforting..

He said that
he is behind us all the way..
he oso thinks itz time for the youth to rise up..
and he said he is willing to sacrifice time to
be there for the youths..

it is a real comfort..
it really is..
finally someone wants to be apart of this..

i came home,
and i went to Jemima's blog..
and i read her post on Ginny Owens,
a Christian artist..


GINNY OWENS..

thank you jem for introducing this talented artist to me..
XD

so i got on limewire
and i downloaded some songs..
wad?
dun shoot me..
i knw uve got limewire too..
lol..

and i downloaded this song..
i am nothing..

and when i heard it..
oh my,
itz the whole message of Christmas..

i cant find the video..
but visit this web to listen to it..

I AM NOTHING
Ginny Owen

I could travel over oceans,
cross the deserts, climb the mountains

Just to share Your story,
bring You glory, and win souls for You.


I could sing like an angel,
songs so humble and so thankful

Full of drama and emotion,
so the world would know your truth.

I could give away my money and my clothes and my food
To restore those people who are poor,
lost, and down-and-out.


Oh, I could succeed at all these things,

Find favor with peasants and kings,
But if I do not love, I am nothing.


I could live a flawless life,
Never cheat or steal or lie,
And always speak so kindly,
smile warmly, and go about doing good.

I could dedicate myself to do what everyone else wants me to-
Listen to them,
compliment them, say the things I should.


I could show up every sunday,
lead the choir and Bible study

And they all might come to know me as a leader and a friend.


Oh, I could achieve success on earth,
but success cannot define my worth


And all these actions, all these words,
will not matter in the end-


Songs will fade to silence,

Stories, they will cease.

The dust will settle,
covering all my selfless deeds.

So as I strive to serve You,

Wont you make it clear to me,

If I do not love, I am nothing.


If I cannot live my life loving my brother,
Then how can I love the One who lived his life for me?

Sent to earth from heaven,
Humble servant, holy king,
Come to share a story, get no glory, and save my searching soul,
You knew that Id deny You, crucify You,
but nothing could stop You from

Living for me, dying for me,
so that I would know-


this is so convicting..
why am i so concerned about everything else,
when the WHOLE point is about Love..

thatz wadz Christmas is about..
true, Jesus is not born on 25th Dec..

but the fact is,
He came,
because,
of LOVE

Love for you and me..
Love for the sinners, for the saints..
Love for the children, for the senior citizens..

He came,
and datz the WHOLE message of Christmas..

wad my dad said is correct..
he asked me,
is it great to be associated with prayer warriors?

the answer is no..
bcz,
i am nothing..

and
God is
EVERYTHING!!

and if i do not live with love for my brother,
im not worthy to be a servant of the most high..

just this afternoon
i was venting on and on
on and on
about ppl
who had hurt me,
ppl who had hurt my family..

i was wondering,
wad was the origin..
wad was the cause..

but thatz not the point..
so this Christmas,
i want to forgive..

i will not hold anyth against those
who have done anyth to me in the past..

i may not hold grudges,
but im still sane..
and a sane person alwayz rmbs..
but i will try to forget..

God,
help me oh Lord,
help me not show off
help me not to be spiritually proud..
help me to be a true servant..

thank You Lord,
in Jesus name i pray,
Amen.

wait, did i mention, Ginny Owens is blind? =)


signing off,
MarcusDS

0 opinion(s):