Monday, July 26, 2010

Quotes on D..

So far I am in the middle of chapter 3 of Jesus Christ Disciple Maker by Bill Hull. I find this book to be very radical and most thought provoking. Although the principles and teachings in this book is more solid than what I am used to, I find it very profound!

The 2 reasons why I find it so hard to speed on up on reading this book like I do all other books (I have an average reading rate of 407 words per minute and a retention rate of 70% of what I read.) is because of its hard teaching. And of course there is the lazy factor. *winks*

Anyways, here are some of the phrases that caught my attention so far in chapter 1 and 2. Melanie! You asked for it! XD
------

We must be careful not only to teach the content but also to model these truths in our lives. The example in our outreach is vital; It serves as a catalyst.

Flexibility is basic to success.

Christian leaders should have ministry antennae fully extended, utilizing ordinary situations in order to allow God to supernaturally intervene.

Disciples should eventually come to a point of being prepared to deny themselves anything in order to be involved in the most exciting enterprise known to the human spirit.

The cement of knowledge comes only through the application of truth brought alive by experience.

If our ministries do not lead to the making of obedient, fruit-bearing believers, then we have simply "fattened up" the Church.

True disciples learn and relearn many times through the example of Jesus that to do the will of the Father and to stay on His agenda is more productive than the most attractive of alternatives.

------

D is becoming a topic close to my heart because I am beginning to see the importance of being a disciple of Christ, not just by following discipleship courses and seminars, but by sitting at the feet of Jesus, following the steps AND the stops of Jesus.

We are not called to be merely followers. We are called to be disciples and so much more.

Signing off,
MarcusDS

1 opinion(s):

Melanie said...

Tks! Keep it up! =D