Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Men, Methods and God..

I started reading a book on discipleship 3 days ago and unlike all the other books I read, I have decided to go extra slow on this one so that I can really soak in what the book has to offer.

I will be blogging more on discipleship in a bit, but in the meantime, this is something that caught my attention. Here it is.

[ We are constantly on a stretch if not on a strain, to devise new methods, new plans, new organizations to advance the Church and secure enlargement and efficiency for the Gospel. This trend of the day has a tendency to lose sight of the man or sink the man in the plan or organization. God's plan is to make much of the man, far more of him than of anything else.

Men are God's methods. The Church is looking for better methods: God is looking for better men.]

E.M Bounds - Power Through Prayer

I find this to be so profound and often, unconsidered in our hustle and bustle to "adopt" new "projects" in ministry. I'm learning through the is book where discipleship should be ranked in our lives and it is totally a 180 Degree turn of my initial understanding of discipleship.

Be blessed knowing that YOU are God's goal and He will not lose sight of you. He intends so much more for you, far more than anything else.

Signing off,
MarcusDS

2 opinion(s):

Melanie said...

Share more about what you learned from this book and meaningful quotes! Then I don't have to read it myself =D Thanks!

MarcusDS said...

Hahah! yes Melanie..i will..very soon..i'm only at the 3rd chapter now!