Thursday, February 4, 2010

My 2 cents..

Reading the Word just now, I realized that I have such a aerial view on God. Which is virtually impossible since He is the one looking down from above!


But, realizing that fact in itself makes me want to cry. How long have I "misunderstood" God and thought I knew Him all too well. Just another reminder that God cannot be fathomed. His ways are so much higher and His thoughts are so much more organized and real. He knows the future and He holds it in His hands.

How wonderful a God I have that I "thought" I could figure Him out. How insolent, barbaric of me!

God, You have to forgive this amateur here for trying to "outsmart" You, as if that were possible!

I still remember my conversation with Elaine about God. I must have appeared so childish. Yet I hold on to the teachings I have received, both from my parents and my own interpretations of the Bible. I realize that God is a God of justice and righteousness who hates impartiality and insincerity.

Matt 7:7-11
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

That is how awesome my God is!
Lord, You have said ask of You what I want and I will receive. Yet, there are somethings I know I should not ask You for they are not in Your will.


My Wish-list :
1. To NOT cultivate a relationship or move any deeper than friends with her.
2. To grow and mature in a deeper relationship with Christ.
3. To try my best to follow His plans and His will
4. To get a good scholarship or study plan, which at the moment is NIL.
5. To be a good friend before I think of being a good leader.
6. To serve more than I lead and not think of my accomplishments.
7. To help others realize the purpose of their life and its meaning.
8. To be able not to repeat the sins that I keep doing.
9. To be able to be open to different things that God is trying to reveal.
10. To live out what I blog.

I guess, I'm asking to be humbled and broken, and I don't really know what I'm asking for. I need to rid myself of pride and lust. I want to keep all my promises.

Being EMO is NOT the solution! Lift up your head, oh ye gates and let the King of Glory come in.

Christ is returning. Soon. Get ready!

Regards,
MarcusDS


1 opinion(s):

++MeLisSa++ said...

Thank YOU for sharing this with us! It encouraged me and surely learnt new things. thanks again!